Welcome to Making Browser Games
Making Browser Games (MBG) is an educational website about game design and development using commonly used browsers within IoT and computing devices. Our articles are targeted towards beginners to intermediate developers who have an interest in building their own mobile, WebXR, and browser game(s).
We have subordinate supporting websites for our courses and game development books. Select your specific website below.
NEW! Courses, Starter Kits, and libraries!
Start Your Own Game Studio!
You could start your own game studio by next week!
- Game Studio Starter Kit Collection (basic) - these "Game Recipes™" are among the most popular international game genres!
- Ultimate Game Studio Starter Kit Collection - 6 foundational game genre any studio creates!
I've launched a series of Phaser Game Starter Kit as individual chapters from the Phaser Game Starter Kit Collection. These "blueprint starter kits" are short pamphlets (mostly less than 150-200 pages ... a quick hour's read because they're most source code!) on the following game mechanics in both Phaser v2.x.x and v3.16+.
- Arcade & Action
- Collapsing Blocks
- Dating Sims
- Defensive Towers
- Dress Up & Fashions
- Hidden Objects
- Jump to Capture
- Mahjong (inside the Memory Match Chapter)
- Mazes & Adventure
- Memory Match
- Connect 4, Go, & Othello
- Peg Solitaire
- Puzzle (JigSaw & Sliders)
- Rhythms & Music
- RPG & Character Development as CaaS!